4 weeks of perfection in Canada's most beautiful resort!
The 4 Week CASI Level 1 gives those with limited time off a chance to live the season life and improve your snowboarding in a great fun environment. This course is ideal for those looking for an introduction to the instructor industry.
What to Expect
The four week instructor course is ideal for anyone looking to take their riding to the next level, and get their first notch on the instructor qualifications ladder. From there you could go on to do your Level 2 at some point, or come back and teach beginners in Canada the season after.
- Top Instructors from the Lake Louise Ski School
- Great job prospects afterwards
- Central Accommodation (all twin share in double beds)
- Fantastic Food Options - All you can eat breakfast 7 days a week and dinner 4 nights a week
- Level 1 CASI Exam
ON THE MOUNTAIN
- An introduction to CASI snowboarding and teaching methodology
- Techniques and strategies for effective assessment and development
- Workshop on customer service
- Workshop on teaching children
- 18 Hours Coaching a Week
- Piste Performance Coaching
- Teaching Theory Coaching
- CASI Level 1 - Included
Each student is given direct access to the Lake Louise Ski School employment Director, with a great chance of getting employed the season afterwards.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
We provide central accommodation (all twin share, in double beds in the newly refurbished Ptarmigan Inn Hotel).
- You can take advantage of all-you-can-eat breakfast 7 days a week and a buffet dinner 4 nights a week.
- Double bed in a twin room in the newly refurbished Ptarmigan Inn
- Ski Lockers
- Free Wifi
- Widescreen TV in each room
- Fridge, microwave and kettle
- Hot Tub and Sauna
Single Supplement - If you would like a room to yourself, this is available for an additional £850 for the 4 weeks.
Here you'll find a week by week breakdown of your course.
Those looking for an introduction into the instructor industry or to improve their skills with limited time off.
We ask that you are a Level 3 or above on our ability scale. Generally having 3-4 weeks on snow prior to the course is enough, and the most important thing is a good attitude to improving and learning new skills!
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
A Level 1 instructor in Canada will earn around $12 an hour, but there are options for tips in Canada. The best thing about working in Canada is the quantity of lessons you are likely to get, the ability to practice your teaching in a friendly environment, and the free training you will get every day from the Ski School and other instructors. It is a great fun place to work!