The Ultimate way to spend a winter in the Alps!
The Ultimate BASI Level 1 and 2 course is for anyone who is looking to squeeze as much into their season as possible. Whether you are pursuing a career path after school or university, or looking for a career change, our Ultimate course gives you the best start into the industry. With 14 weeks in the mountains to train, including Freestyle, Touring and an Introduction to BASI Level 3, this is by far the most comprehensive instructor course out there!
What to Expect
- 190 hours coaching from BASI ISTD Level 4 Instructors and Trainers (120 Hrs Training, 35 Hrs BASI 1 Exam, 35 Hrs Shadowing)
- Final week taster sessions in freestyle skiing, ski touring and an intro to BASI Level 3
- BASI Level 1 exam fees included (BASI Level 2 Exam optional)
- Company and Staff who are passionate about skiing and snowboarding
- Incredible Resort Vibes and Seasonaire Atmosphere
- Social Events Throughout the Season
- Return transfer from Geneva
- Training Ski Jacket
- Opportunity to work in Italy after the course
On the Mountain
- 225 hours coaching from BASI ISTD Level 4 Instructors and Trainers during the first 10 weeks
- In the 11th week you can chose from taster sessions in freestyle skiing, ski touring and an Introduction to BASI Level 3 or just relax in the beautiful 3 Valleys
- Video Analysis and Weekly Feedback Sessions to ensure you are on-track
- Dedicated Level 3 Mentors and Experienced Resort Staff
- 20 Hours Coaching a Week
- Piste Performance Coaching
- Teaching Tuition
- Exam Preparation
Basecampers will be introduced to Interski in Italy for the chance of employment. There are BASI Level 3 scholarships available for those who prove their worth to our partnering ski school.
Here you'll find a week by week breakdown of your course.
Focused Level 1 Training and Personal Development - Avalanche Safety Talk
BASI Level 1 Exam
Level 2 Training
Focussed Level 2 Training and Extended Personal Development
Building up experience
Shadowing Week , shadow your instructor in their lessons
Concentrated BASI Level 2 Training working on technique and teaching
Level 2 Exam
BASI Level 2 Exam
Choose from a week of Freestyle coaching, an Introduction to Touring or an Introduction to BASI Level 3
Make the most of your catered accommodation and season lift pass with End of Season Parties and Spring Sunshine Skiing
If you are looking to work in the ski business, this course provides the best path into the industry! This course is ideal for anyone looking to qualify as a level 2 instructor and wishing to return the following season to work as an instructor, or for those wanting to seriously improve their skiing and enjoy a once in a lifetime experience.
We ask that you are a Level 3 or above on our ability scale. Generally having 4-6 weeks on snow prior to the course is enough, and often it is more about confidence and those who are really up for improving, regardless of their ability, are the ones who progress the most.
If you would like to head out to the resort beforehand in order to have a week or two of skiing and dust off the cobwebs this is something we can arrange. If you are unsure of your ability please speak to your course advisor.
The level 1 isn't hard to pass. It's an entry level qualification. Participants will be assessed on their ability to perform and teach on the mountain. We get a 100% pass rate year in year out. The Level 2 in a big step up from the Level 1, however the training you receive prior to the exam puts you in an excellent position to pass. The 2013/14 season boasts a 90% pass rate on level 2 in Meribel.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.